meters.lv2 - Audio Level Meters
meters.lv2 is a collection of audio-level meters with GUI in LV2 plugin format.
It includes needle style meters (mono and stereo variants)
- IEC 60268-10 Type I / DIN
- IEC 60268-10 Type I / Nordic
- IEC 60268-10 Type IIa / BBC
- IEC 60268-10 Type IIb / EBU
- IEC 60268-17 / VU
Stereo & Mono variants of bar-graph meters:
- 30 Band 1/3 octave spectrum analyzer IEC 61260
- Digital True-Peak Meter (4x Oversampling), Type II rise-time, 13.3dB/s falloff.
- True-Peak (4x Oversampling) + RMS (600ms integration time) combined with numeric readout
- K-12, K-14, K-20 / RMS type K-Meters according to the K-system introduced by Bob Katz
- DR-14 (crest factor / loudness range measurement method)
and the following stereo plugins:
- EBU R128 Meter with Histogram and History
- Stereo Phase Correlation Meter (Needle Display)
- BBC Mid/Side M-6 (Needle Display)
- Goniometer (Stereo Phase Scope)
- Phase/Frequency Wheel
- Stereo/Frequency Monitor
as well as a mono:
- Signal Distribution Histogram
Should be pretty much self-explanatory. A few notes:
- click + drag on the calibration-screw allows to modify the reference level of the needle meters
- shift + click on the calibration-screw resets to default
- ctrl + click on meters with scalable GUI resets the window-size to 100%
- clicking anywhere on the bar-graph meters resets the peak-hold
Compiling these plugin requires the LV2 SDK, gnu-make, a c-compiler, libpango, libcairo and openGL (sometimes called: glu, glx, mesa).
git clone git://github.com/x42/meters.lv2.git cd meters.lv2 make submodules make sudo make install PREFIX=/usr
Note to packagers: The Makefile honors
DESTDIR variables as well as
OPTIMIZATIONS (additions to
CFLAGS), also see the first 10 lines of the Makefile. You really want to package the superset of x42-plugins.
Note on build-dependencies
These plugins count on rather recent (Jan 2013) fixes^Wfeatures of some libraries (but may work with older versions too):
In particular multi-threading in cairo, pixman and pango. Versions of those libraries earlier than libcairo < 1.12.10, libpixman < 0.30.2 and libpango < 1.32.6 are not thread-safe. As with all concurrency issues, things may or may not work and if you only open one meter GUI at a time it's usually fine.
Also note that the plugins use the LV2 idle-interface (lv2 >= 1.4.2) The plugin-host (eg. ardour or qtractor) needs to be compiled with this or a later version of the LV2 SDK to support the features.
The plugin-host must also support http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/resize-port/