Describe the issue
**This is possibly a legacy bug related to the random crashes in the original game, and not specific to OpenLRR. The game crashed in a random manner, not tied to anything specific, at separate occasions. First time I had a lot of miners, some STTs and a Chrome Crusher, trying to clear the map (no creatures), second time I was observing some game behaviour, restarting the level over and over again, and at the time of the error, a monster was attacking the base. I had no vehicles, and only 5 miners.
Note: There have been several errors with different lines/names, might be more than one culprit here. Might need some more assertion throughout the entire thing.
Note 2: Luckily, one can click "Ignore" to go right past them, but it is a bit frustrating for sure.
Steps to reproduce
Since this occured in two separate scenarios and are not guaranteed, I will write down the approximate procudure I was doing:
- Start playing Rocky Horror
- Play the level for a longer time, preferably with many units, buildings and things going on. For example, try to teleport in 20 RRs, 3 STTs, a Chrome Crusher, and drill all the walls with the CC, without opening the crystal cache.
- At some point, the game should give the error and crash
- Press "Ignore" to ignore the error/crash
- Start playing Rocky Horror
- Give a few miners Laser Beams. Let them kill all monsters on the map.
- Let a monster attack the base by triggering an emerge.
- Restart the mission at some point, preferrably when a few buildings have been destroyed.
- Errors should appear after a while. In my experience it gave more consecutive errors
- Press "Ignore" to ignore the error/crash.
- Time played this session: 25-30 minutes for first encounter, 15 minutes for second encounter
- Level: Rocky Horror
- Game speed: 100-300%
- Graphics fix: dgVoodoo 2.55
- Using mods: Debug keys were enabled
- Windowed mode: Yes
Additional context (optional)
In all cases here I didn't exactly play "as intended", so you might have to play a bit differently to hit the errors. The first time I tried to clear out an entire level, the second time I was trying to observe some game behaviour to implement into MM and restarted the level many times. It is possible that restarting the level was related to some of the crashes, as crashes after several restarts appeared to have more errors pop up.
1. Appeared after attempting to drill all walls in Rocky Horror with a Chrome Crusher. The Hard Rock walls are the last remaining walls, not counting the 2 walls in front of the cache. Game crashed somewhere in the process of drilling the second-to-last wall, it appears to have been shortly after the drilling started. Also seems there was a Rock Raider right in front of the Chrome Crusher that might've overlapped with it right as it happened?
2. New play session a day later. I tried observing how alerts reacted to creatures being killed. Appeared once after restarting the level once, while a monster was attacking the base:
3. Still second session. Appeared several times in a row after restarting the level a few times: