A modern and more functional replacement for the About Windows screen powered by UWP and RegistryRT, providing details on Windows and your PC.
- Provides information on your current installation of Windows
- Gives you a quick overview of core system specs and resource usage
- Presents quick access to view and change your current wallpaper, lock screen and accent colour
- Designed for Windows 11, compatible with Windows 10.
- Launchable from a browser or the Run prompt with
- More system details
- Rearrange page layout
- Write, add and share custom pages
- More appearance options
- The ability to launch more pages with the
You can download the latest release of Modern Winver on the Microsoft Store here.
Alternatively, you can download the latest release from GitHub and install it manually.
- Download the ZIP file from the Releases tab.
- Extract the ZIP into a folder.
- Enable Developer Mode in Settings
- Open PowerShell, and run the Install.ps1 script.
- Modern Winver is still in development! There may be bugs, incompatibilities or incorrect information. Please file an issue if you run into problems.
- Huge thanks to @gus33000 for developing RegistyRT.
- Modern Winver is based on an old project by the same name, which you can find here. It was built in WPF, and is only designed for Windows 10. It's unsupported now but you're welcome to check it out if you're interested.