GpgFrontend is a Powerful, Easy-to-Use, Compact, Cross-Platform, and Installation-Free OpenPGP Crypto Tool.
By using GpgFrontend, you can quickly encrypt and decrypt text or files. Or at the same time as the above operations, you can add your own signature to let others know that this document or this paragraph of text was issued by you. Please take the initiative to protect privacy in your own hands, instead of relying on servers and algorithms provided by large companies.
Notice: GpgFrontend does not provide an embedded gnupg binary library and needs to be installed by the user. This is to ensure safety and avoid code or binary files involved in encryption and decryption being implanted in the backdoor during the delivery process.
If you find this tool useful and promising, welcome to encourage me through STAR this project. Thanks!
Table of Contents
- Contributing & Bugs Report
- Can run on Windows, Linux and macOS.
- Open source, free, no need to install.
- Just double-click, and then you can use it freely.
- Supports multiple languages.
- If you are interested, you can help me translate the interface.
Fast Text Encryption
Encryption can be done in just a few clicks.
Fast Text Decryption
I want to see what you wrote right away.
Fast File Encryption & Sign
What about files?
More Helpful Operation
Read the animated pictures in the Document to learn more awesome operations.
How to Run it
- If you haven't installed gnupg, please Download
gnupg-w32-******.exeand install it.
- Download GpgFrontend Windows Edition from the latest release
- Go into the directory and double click
- If command
gpgis not available, please use homebrew to install it first.
- Download GpgFrontend macOS edition from the latest release
- Double-Click GpgFrontend.dmg to load it
- macOS will automatically decompress the zip file and then you will be able to see the dmg
- Double click and run it (due to macOS security policy, you may need a little more step).
- If it satisfies you, you can drag it into your Application folder.
- Install gnupg (If you have already followed please skip)
- For Debian/Ubuntu
$ sudo apt update $ sudo apt install gpg
- For CentOS
$ sudo yum install gnupg
- For Debian/Ubuntu
- Download GpgFrontend Linux edition from the latest release
GpgFrontend-***.AppImagepermission to execute
$ chmod u+x ./GpgFrontend-***.AppImage
- Just double-click
GpgFrontend-***.AppImageto run it.
for more usage information, please read document.
The GpgFrontend project inherit from a relatively mature but not maintained gpg4usb project. It inherits the stable, easy-to-use, compact, and installation-free features of gpg4usb, and plans to support some new features of OpenPGP based on it and continue to improve it.
GpgFrontend will add more functions in the future to improve the ease of use of GPG in end-to-end transmission. At the same time, the addition of new functions does not affect the old basic functions. My personal strength is always limited. GpgFrontend welcomes volunteers to join. You can use the GitHub platform to file an issue, or submit a pull request.
The GpgFrontend project is as open source, and it also insists on using open source codes and libraries.
The tutorial for building the software will be released shortly. Before the relevant documents are released, you can refer to the project-related Github Action file if you know it.
If you want to contact me individually, you can email [email protected].
Contributing & Bugs Report
Feel free to dive in! Open an issue or submit PRs.
GpgFrontend itself is licensed under the GPLv3.
There are some libraries and binary included in the zip-file which (may) have different licenses, for more information check their homepages. You can also obtain the sources from there.
QT 5.15.2(opensource): https://www.qt.io/
Application Bundles: Link
The icons of this software use materials from Alibaba Iconfont. The Alibaba vector icon library is free to use. The icons in the free library aren't registered as trademarks. There is no copyright issue involved and can be used commercially.