Godot Steam integration without rebuilding Godot. Supports
💰Windows, 🐧Linux & 🍏MacOS (x86_x64/arm64).
- Download this plugin through Godot's asset library https://godotengine.org/asset-library/asset/1020
- There should now be a SteamAPI tab in your Project Settings, follow the instructions to configure the SteamAPI for your game (Takes a few seconds).
Now you can use the following functions:
# acheivements Steam.set_achievement("gator_god") Steam.get_achievement("gator_god") Steam.clear_achievement("gator_god") # leaderboards Steam.set_leaderboard_score("High Scores", 1000) # Get the first 10 global high scores var top_10_global_scores = yield(Steam.get_leaderboard_scores("High Scores", 0, 10), "done") # Get just the current user's high score var players_score = yield(Steam.get_leaderboard_scores("High Scores", 0, 0, Steam.LeaderboardDataRequest.GlobalAroundUser), "done") # Get the current user's high score and the two scores infront and behind var player_rivals_score = yield(Steam.get_leaderboard_scores("High Scores", -1, 1, Steam.LeaderboardDataRequest.GlobalAroundUser), "done") # overlay Steam.activate_game_overlay_to_web_page("https://steamcommunity.com/") Steam.activate_game_overlay_to_store(1435470, Steam.OverlayToStoreFlag.AddToCart)
Testing an exported build
Steam integration doesn't work with exported builds straight away. You'll have to either:
- Upload your build to Steam or
- Create a file in the same directory as your exported build named
steamapp_id.txtwith just your steam app id in it. Though do not upload this file as part of your build.
- Did you follow the instruction in the project settings Steam tab?
- Is Steam running?
- Have you published your acheivments in the SteamWorks console? Publishing isn't releasing the game, I mean the button that publishes your Store page.