This is a dynamic library for the classic Tomb Raider I game (TombATI version). The purpose of the library is to reimplement all the routines performed by the game and enhance the gameplay with new options.
This project is inspired by Arsunt's TR2Main project.
Get a copy of the latest release from here and unpack the contents to your game directory. Make sure you overwrite existing files. Currently Tomb1Main requires you to have the TombATI patch installed to work.
To configure Tomb1Main, edit the
Tomb1Main.json5 file in your text editor such as Notepad. All the configuration is explained in that file.
Improvements over original game
Not all options are turned on by default. Refer to
Tomb1Main.json5 for details.
- added proper UI scaling
- added enemy health bar
- added more control over when to show health bar and air bar
- added ability to customize of health bar and air bar
- added ability to set user-defined FOV
- added selecting weapons / using items with numeric keys
- added ability to look around while running
- added TR3-like sidesteps
- added shotgun flash sprites
- added a fly cheat
- added a level skip cheat
- added a door open cheat (while in fly mode)
- added ability to disable all medpacks
- added ability to disable Magnums
- added ability to disable UZIs
- added ability to disable shotgun
- added ability to disable main menu demos
- added ability to disable FMVs
- added ability to disable cutscenes
- added ability to disable healing between levels
- added braid (currently only works in Lost Valley)
- added support for more than 3 pickup sprites
- added a choice whether to play NG or NG+
- added external game flow (no longer 2 different .exes for TR1 and TR1IB) For TRLE builders:
- the levels can be reordered
- the levels can be renamed
- all the strings can be translated, including keys and items
- you no longer are constrained to 4 or 21 levels only
- you can offer a custom Gym level
- added automatic calculation of secret numbers
- fixed skipping FMVs triggering inventory
- fixed skipping credits working too fast
- fixed setting user keys being very difficult
- fixed keys and items not working when drawing guns immediately after using them
- fixed freeze when holding action key during end of level
- fixed reading user settings not restoring the volume
- fixed Tomb of Tihocan playing secret sound
- fixed The Great Pyramid secret
- fixed running out of ammo forcing Lara to equip pistols even if she doesn't carry them
- fixed a crash when Lara is on fire and goes too far away from where she caught fire
- fixed settings not being saved when exiting the game with Alt+F4
- fixed settings not persisting chosen layout (default vs. user keys)
- fixed the sound of collecting a secret killing music
This project is licensed under the GNU General Public License - see the COPYING.md file for details.
(c) 2021 Marcin Kurczewski. All rights reserved. Original game is created by Core Design Ltd. in 1996. Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of Square Enix Ltd.