Pencil2D is an animation/drawing software for Windows, macOS, Linux, and FreeBSD. It lets you create traditional hand-drawn animation (cartoon) using both bitmap and vector graphics. Pencil2D is free and open source.
Pencil2D Website: https://www.pencil2d.org/
Pencil2D 0.6.6 (17 Feb 2021)
You can download Pencil2D from the Official Website or Github releases
Nightly builds are the bleeding edge versions of Pencil2D, which contains the most recent fixes and features. The link will direct you to Google Drive, please right-click on a file and select Download. The filename is
pencil2d-OS-year-month-date. We currently do not offer legacy mac or 32-bit linux nightly builds. If you have one of these systems, you will have to wait for official releases or build the program from source.
|Windows 64 bit||Windows 32 bit||Mac||Linux 64 bit|
- Issue Tracker - Report bugs or request features.
- Developer Guide - Learn how to compile Pencil2D yourself.
- Transifex - You can help translate Pencil2D, too.
- GitHub: https://github.com/pencil2d/pencil (Primary)
- Bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/chchwy/pencil2d (Mirror)
- GitLab: https://gitlab.com/chchwy/pencil2d (Mirror 2)