This project is a try to port This one to windows the way it is done is with dll redirection, the call to
cef_urlrequest_create is traited with a custom function that blocks urls that are blacklisted, and it redirects the good URLs to the original function.
Build from source
Visual Studio 2019
- Clone this repo
- download Chromium Embedded Framework and unzip the
- build the project (of course after you take a look at what's going on there to make sure no nasty thing is happening :p )
- locate where is the output libcef.dll, it should be in
- open Spotify folder, it should be in
%appdata%\Spotify, or if you have a shortcut, then right click it and click on
Open File Location
- rename the
libcef.dllin that folder to
- move or copy the
libcef.dllthat you just compiled into the
Use the precompiled dll
- download the latest stable release of SpotifyAdBlocker-x86.zip and unzip it.
- follow steps in the readme.txt file.
- you can download the Setup batch script from here which automatically does the previous steps for you!
looks like you are done now! open Spotify and enjoy your music without ads.
- the linux version wraps
getaddrinfoto allow only URLs in the white list to be traited, but I couldn't do the same thing in windows because for security reasons, so as a todo try to find a work around.