Library with common code used by the libraries and tools around the libimobiledevice project.
The main functionality provided by this library are socket helper functions and a platform independent thread/mutex implementation. Besides that it comes with a number of string, file, and plist helper functions, as well as some other commonly used code that was originally duplicated in the dedicated projects.
Projects using this library
Installation / Getting started
Debian / Ubuntu Linux
First install all required dependencies and build tools:
sudo apt-get install \ build-essential \ checkinstall \ git \ autoconf \ automake \ libtool-bin \ libplist-dev \
Then clone the actual project repository:
git clone https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice-glue.git cd libimobiledevice-glue
Now you can build and install it:
./autogen.sh make sudo make install
If you require a custom prefix or other option being passed to
./configure you can pass them directly to
./autogen.sh like this:
./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/local make sudo make install
This library is directly used by libusbmuxd, libimobiledevice, etc., so there is no need to do anything in particular.
We welcome contributions from anyone and are grateful for every pull request!
If you'd like to contribute, please fork the
master branch, change, commit and send a pull request for review. Once approved it can be merged into the main code base.
If you plan to contribute larger changes or a major refactoring, please create a ticket first to discuss the idea upfront to ensure less effort for everyone.
Please make sure your contribution adheres to:
- Try to follow the code style of the project
- Commit messages should describe the change well without being to short
- Try to split larger changes into individual commits of a common domain
- Homepage: https://libimobiledevice.org/
- Repository: https://git.libimobiledevice.org/libimobiledevice-glue.git
- Repository (Mirror): https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice-glue.git
- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice-glue/issues
- Mailing List: https://lists.libimobiledevice.org/mailman/listinfo/libimobiledevice-devel
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/libimobiledev
This library and utilities are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License v2.1, also included in the repository in the
Apple, iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPod Touch, Apple TV, Apple Watch, Mac, iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, watchOS, and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc.
This project is an independent software and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple Inc.
README Updated on: 2021-06-07