QRCodeTexture module for GodotEngine 3.x
A new texture type is added to GodotEngine by this module : QRCodeTexture. This new texture is a QR Code generated from a given content String.
This module uses Nayuki's QR Code generator library under MIT Licence.
- Generate a QR Code image texture from a string content (can be an url)
- Customizable color (be careful with contrast to keep high readability for scanners)
- 4 error correction levels (QR Code Model 2 standard)
- Customizable border thickness
As this project is an addon module for GodotEngine, your need to recompile the engine from sources to use it.
- Clone this repository in your Godot sources modules folder or create a QRCodeTexture folder in your modules folder and copy the files manually.
- Recompile the engine
QRCodeTexture can be used as any other textures in the engine.
Most common usage : Display a QRCode in a UI using a TextureRect node.
- Create a TextureRect node.
- From the inspector, check the Expand checkbox and select Keep Aspect for Strech Mode to prevent deformation when resizing the QR Code.
- Add a new QRCodeTexture in the texture slot.
- The default content is empty. Generated QR Code contain no data.
- Add your content (text, url...) in the content textarea.
- Customize the Color. Default is black. Keep a high contrast level for scanner readability.
- Customize Border thickness (default is 1 square).
- Choose Error Correction Level. QR Code contains redondant data allowing scanners to read the QR Code even if a part is missing or dirty.
Default correction level is set to 1 (Low) (allow 7% correction capability)
2 (Medium) allow 15% correction capability
3 (Quartile) allow 25% correction capability
4 (High) allow 30% correction capability
See License file