__ _______ _____ ______ _____ _ _ ______ _____ \ \ / /_ _| __ \| ____|/ ____| \ | | ____|/ ____| \ \ /\ / / | | | | | | |__ | (___ | \| | |__ | (___ \ \/ \/ / | | | | | | __| \___ \| . ` | __| \___ \ \ /\ / _| |_| |__| | |____ ____) | |\ | |____ ____) | \/ \/ |_____|_____/|______|_____/|_| \_|______|_____/ by Vitor Vilela & friends!~
Super Mario World Widescreen
Super Mario World Widescreen is your beloved Mario World SNES game but in the 16:9 resolution. This is possible by expanding the horizontal resolution by 96 pixels, increasing resolution from 256x224 to 352x224. Since the original SNES does not have this resolution, the emulator focused into high definition mods bsnes-hd must be used.
Currently SMW Widescreen supports 16:9 and 16:10 monitor resolutions. More aspect ratios are planned and are currently work in progress, namely 2:1 and 21:9 ultrawide aspect ratios.
All aspect ratio has the intended 8:7 pixel aspect ratio from the original SNES Picture Processing Unit. This means that the screen you will see is like how would you see on a real TV screen connected to the SNES, except expanded to the widescreen resolution!
- You must play with bsnes_hd. You can download it here: https://github.com/DerKoun/bsnes-hd/releases or look for "bsnes-hd beta" core on RetroArch.
- For copyright reasons, the ROM is not provided. You will have to obtain on your own ways the original Super Mario World (USA) ROM and apply the BPS patch over it.
- See https://sneslab.net/wiki/How_to_apply_ROM_patches how to apply BPS patches.
- The BSO file must stay in the same folder as the patched ROM file and copy have the same file name as the ROM file. Otherwise, the widescreen settings will not load on bsnes_hd or RetroArch and you will see a completely oval title screen opening circle. Example: "SMW.bso" and "SMW.smc"
- In case you can't get the BSO file working, you can open it using a text editor and manually apply the widescreen settings on bsnes_hd settings.
Patch version: 1.2
Thank you for the following people that helped me directly, either by testing, providing technical support or base assembly (patches) files for Super Mario World:
- MarioE (ASM)
- Tattletale (ASM)
- LX5 (ASM)
- Thomas (ASM)
- RussianMan (ASM)
- Romi (ASM)
- FuSoYa (ASM, Lunar Magic, technical support)
- Smallhacker (ASM)
- Alcaro (ASM)
- JamesD28 (ASM)
- Mattrizzle (ASM)
- JackTheSpades (ASM)
- HammerBrother (ASM)
- Arujus (ASM, SA-1 Pack)
- Near (technical support, convincing me to do the patch!)
- DerKoun (technical support, convincing me to do the patch!)
- Adam Londero (testing and bugs report)
- RupeeClock (testing and bugs report)
- z384 (testing and bugs report)
- FuRiOUS (testing and bugs report)
- Seathorne (testing)
- Doctor No (testing)
- Rugar (testing)
Special thanks also for all my patrons from https://www.patreon.com/vitorvilela, specially for:
- Fabio Akita
- Frogamus Lewd
- Jake Mauer
- Josh Tarie
You can contact me though the following links: