StarRocks is a next-gen sub-second MPP database for full analysis senarios, including multi-dimensional analytics, real-time analytics and ad-hoc query, formerly known as DorisDB.
- Native vectorized SQL engine: StarRocks adopts vectorization technology to make full use of the parallel computing power of CPU, achieving sub-second query returns in multi-dimensional analyses, which is 5 to 10 times faster than previous systems.
- Simple architecture: StarRocks does not rely on any external systems. The simple architecture makes it easy to deploy, maintain and scale out. StarRocks also provides high availability, reliability, scalability and fault tolerance.
- Standard SQL: StarRocks supports ANSI SQL syntax (fully supportted TPC-H and TPC-DS). It is also compatible with the MySQL protocol. Various clients and BI software can be used to access StarRocks.
- Smart query optimization: StarRocks can optimize complex queries through CBO (Cost Based Optimizer). With a better execution plan, the data analysis efficiency will be greatly improved.
- Realtime update: The updated model of StarRocks can perform upsert/delete operations according to the primary key, and achieve efficient query while concurrent updates.
- Intelligent materialized view: The materialized view of StarRocks can be automatically updated during the data import and automatically selected when the query is executed.
- Convenient query federation: StarRocks allows direct access to data from Hive, MySQL and Elasticsearch without importing.
- StarRocks supports not only high concurrency & low latency points queries, but also high throughput ad-hoc queries.
- StarRocks unified batch and near real-time streaming data ingestion.
- Pre-aggregations, flat tables, star and snowflake schemas are supported and all run at enhanced speed.
- StarRocks hybridizes serving and analytical processing(HSAP) in a easy way. The minimalist architectural design reduces the complexity and maintenance cost of StarRocks and increases its reliability and scalability.
Contributing to StarRocks
A big thanks for your attention to StarRocks! In order to accept your pull request, please follow the CONTRIBUTING.md.