OpenShot Video Library (libopenshot) is a free, open-source C++ library dedicated to delivering high quality video editing, animation, and playback solutions to the world.
- Cross-Platform (Linux, Mac, and Windows)
- Multi-Layer Compositing
- Video and Audio Effects (Chroma Key, Color Adjustment, Grayscale, etc…)
- Animation Curves (Bézier, Linear, Constant)
- Time Mapping (Curve-based Slow Down, Speed Up, Reverse)
- Audio Mixing & Resampling (Curve-based)
- Audio Plug-ins (VST & AU)
- Audio Drivers (ASIO, WASAPI, DirectSound, CoreAudio, iPhone Audio, ALSA, JACK, and Android)
- Telecine and Inverse Telecine (Film to TV, TV to Film)
- Frame Rate Conversions
- Multi-Processor Support (Performance)
- Python and Ruby Bindings (All Features Supported)
- Qt Video Player Included (Ability to display video on any QWidget)
- Unit Tests (Stability)
- All FFmpeg Formats and Codecs Supported (Images, Videos, and Audio files)
- Full Documentation with Examples (Doxygen Generated)
Detailed instructions for building libopenshot and libopenshot-audio for each OS. These instructions are also available in the
/docs/ source folder.
OpenShot now supports experimental hardware acceleration, both for encoding and decoding videos. When enabled, this can either speed up those operations or slow them down, depending on the power and features supported by your graphics card.
doc/HW-ACCEL.md for more information.
Beautiful HTML documentation can be generated using Doxygen.
(Also available online: http://openshot.org/files/libopenshot/)
Are you interested in becoming more involved in the development of OpenShot? Build exciting new features, fix bugs, make friends, and become a hero! Please read the step-by-step instructions for getting source code, configuring dependencies, and building OpenShot.
Report a bug
You can report a new libopenshot issue directly on GitHub:
- https://www.openshot.org/ (Official website and blog)
- https://github.com/OpenShot/libopenshot/ (source code and issue tracker)
- https://github.com/OpenShot/libopenshot-audio/ (source code for audio library)
- https://github.com/OpenShot/openshot-qt/ (source code for Qt client)
Copyright (c) 2008-2021 OpenShot Studios, LLC.
OpenShot Library (libopenshot) is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
OpenShot Library (libopenshot) is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with OpenShot Library. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
To release a closed-source product which uses libopenshot (i.e. video editing and playback), commercial licenses are also available: contact [email protected] for more information.