OpenGL Template Engine
OpenGL Template Engine is a C++ OpenGL graphics engine which aimed to be a simple startup template for 3D OpenGL projects. This is the template I personally use for my own projects and provides me with the general OpenGL 3D render setup with model import and UI.
- Movement (Left, Right, Forward, Backward, Up and Down)
- Viewport and Window resize support
- Import (FBX, OBJ, COLLADA, ASSBIN)
- Texture support
- Transform (Position, Orientation and Scale)
- Vertex Bone Weights
- Draw Models
- Basic Shaders
- Depth Buffer Fog
- Basic Software Architecture and built upon template TheCherno/OpenGL
All libraries are statically linked!
Window & Input system : glfw
OpenGL Function Loader : glad
OpenGL Mathematic Functions : glm
Image Loading : stb
Mesh Loading : Assimp
User Interface: ImGui
Currently only "officially" supports Windows - Mac and Linux support is coming soon.
git clone --recursive https://github.com/MarcusMadland/OpenGL-Template-Engine.git
scripts/Win-Premake.bat and open
OpenGL-Sandbox.sln in Visual Studio.
OpenGL-Sandbox/src/SandboxLayer.cpp contains the OpenGL template code that's running. Everything should run out of the box fine. Let me know if there are any issues.
- Marcus N. Madland
- Yan Chernikov (TheCherno/OpenGL)