Orbit is a multiplatform-focus graphical engine build on top of OpenGl, ImGui and more... The development of the engine is documented via my youtube channel: Madsycode
The main goal is to create a friendly community around this engine to shape it, maintain it and potentially make a difference.
- Orbit has only been tested on Windows platform sofar, allthough the focus is still to make it multiplatform in the future.
- You can clone the repository to your local machine via
git clone https://github.com/Madsycode/orbit-dev.git
- To create a visual studio solution, you need to download premake5.exe and copy it into a Folder called Premake/ in the root directory of the repository.
- Run the batch-script
vs2019.batto generate a vs2019 solution or edit the bath file to your custom visual studio version.
- Lastly copy the .DLL files from
x64/Releaseafter your first compilation so they can be linked at runtime.
- Physical Base Rendering (PBR)
- ImGui (Editor)
- Transform Gizmo
- Custom Entity Component System (ECS)
- OpenGL 3.3+ support
- XML-Serialization (tinyxml)
- Event Driven Architechture
- 3D Model loading with assimp
- Texture loading via stb_image
- Shadow Mapping
- Point, Spot & Directional lighting
- Invironment mapping
- Model animation
- Scripting support
- Physics Engine
- More UI
- Batch renderer
Code of Conduct
Please read Conduct.md for details on our code of conduct.
Any support, to this project will be highly considered. So you are free to contribute for the future of this engine.