CVE-2021-3156 - Sudo Baron Samedit
Before heading into the technical details, you can watch a brief summary here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLa2VqcGGEQ
Full playlist on YouTube here.
- [ Files | Blog | Video ] Why Pick sudo as Research Target?
- [ Files | Blog | Video ] How Fuzzing with AFL works
- [ Files | Blog | Video ] Troubleshooting AFL Fuzzing Problems
- [ Files | Blog | Video ] Finding Buffer Overflow with Fuzzing
- [ Files | Blog | Video ] Found a Crash Through Fuzzing? Minimize AFL Testcases
- [ Files | Blog | Video ] Root Cause Analysis With AddressSanitizer (ASan)
- [ Files | Blog | Video ] Understanding C Pointer Magic Arithmetic
- [ Files | Blog | Video ] Reaching Vulnerable Code in sudo (C code review)
- ... coming soon
Install Docker and make sure it is running with
Each episode folder contains files and code snippets used in the video. Most important is the Dockerfile, which can be used to run an isolated system vulnerable to the sudoedit vulnerability.
If you want to betetr understand how docker works, checkout these videos:
This project uses a
Makefile in each episode, to easier work with docker. You can build and run a particular episode's docker container with thes follwing commands.
cd episode01 sudo make
To get a root shell you can then run
sudo make root
Or be a regular user
sudo make attach
Feel free to check the
Makefile and execute the docker commands directly.