This is an improved version of the latest published open source version of University of Exeter's CAFLOOD cellular automata based 2D flood analysis engine. The original source is: https://git.exeter.ac.uk/caddies/caddies-caflood.
The software is licensed under GPL2 as the original.
You first need to checkout the
caddies-api project (from https://git.exeter.ac.uk/caddies/caddies-api). This project must then be checked out into that projects under
apps/caddies-caflood. Compilation is done by invoking cmake in the api project root directory.
This repository contains several features not found in the original open source version of the CAFLOOD simulator.
- Support for full coupling between other engines, such as 1D models like EPASWMM - done via socket based communication
- Support for culverts connecting two points in the model (i.e. pipe like structures)
- Support for per cell Manning and infiltration coeffiecients
- Support for per cell permeability coefficient
- Various fixes for compiling the OpenCL and OpenMP versions on different platforms (Linux, Windows, MacOS X)
Upcoming features include
- Support for per cell initial water level
- Better mass balance reporting
- More optimizations