AudMonkey is an easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. AudMonkey is open source software licensed under GPL, version 2 or later.
- Recording from any real, or virtual audio device that is available to the host system.
- Export / Import a wide range of audio formats, extendible with FFmpeg.
- High quality using 32-bit float audio processing.
- Plug-ins Support for multiple audio plug-in formats, including VST, LV2, AU.
- Macros for chaining commands and batch processing.
- Scripting in Python, Perl, or any language that supports named pipes.
- Nyquist Very powerful built-in scripting language that may also be used to create plug-ins.
- Editing multi-track editing with sample accuracy and arbitrary sample rates.
- Accessibility for VI users.
- Analysis and visualization tools to analyze audio, or other signal data.
The easy way
Go to the releases page and download the latest stable build for your operating system, and be done with it!
Build from source
See BUILDING.md for instructions.
Please see ROADMAP.md for future plans.
Please refer to CONTRIBUTING.md for ways that you can contribute to the project.
This project is licensed under the GNU GPLv2 license, see LICENSE.txt for details.